Who We Are
The ASSJ promotes and enhances the social scientific study of Jews around the world. As an interdisciplinary organization, we bring together social scientists who work in both academic and applied settings. We study Jews from diverse theoretical and methodological perspectives.
To carry out our mission, the ASSJ:
- Creates opportunities for networking and collaboration among our members through conferences and online forums;
- Recognizes and publishes scholarly work in the field;
- Encourages dissemination and use of social science research in applied contexts;
- Promotes high-quality research in our field;
- Advocates for integrity and transparency in conducting and reporting social research;
- Provides mentoring and financial support to young scholars.